Welcome everyone to the Morning Shootaround! This article is designed to give you an in-depth breakdown of each day’s games. This article will include Vegas lines, offensive pace stats, defense vs position stats, and our recommendations on which players you should look at for both GPP and cash games.
If you haven’t yet checked out our friends over at FantasyDraft, click the image below and sign up for an account today. New users will receive NHL and NBA projections and content FREE for the rest of the regular season here at DFSDatalytics.com when you sign up through our link or use referral code “DFSData” and make your first deposit.
Orlando Magic at Toronto Raptors
|TEAM||PG FPPG||PG RK||SG FPPG||SG RK||SF FPPG||SF RK||PF FPPG||PF RK||C FPPG||C RK||Pace|
Vegas- Toronto -9.5 206 O/U
Orlando Projected Lineup- Elfrid Payton, Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Aaron Gordon, Nikola Vucevic
Toronto Projected Lineup- Cory Joseph, DeMar DeRozan, DeMarre Carroll, Serge Ibaka, Jonas Valanciunas
Injuries- Jeff Green (Out), DeMarre Carroll (Questionable-Back)
Top Plays- DeMar DeRozan, Evan Fournier, Serge Ibaka, Nikola Vucevic, Elfrid Payton
Secondary Plays- Terrence Ross, Aaron Gordon, Jonas Valanciunas, Cory Joseph, P.J. Tucker, Delon Wright
- The Toronto Raptors have won five straight games and sit 3.5 games out of first in the East, and one behind Washington for third.
- Toronto has allowed 91 points or fewer four times during their five-game winning streak.
- The Orlando Magic have won three of their last four games as they continue to play spoilers against teams jockeying for playoff position.
- The Raptors have lost their past two games against the Magic, however, 102-94 at Orlando Feb. 3 and 114-113 Jan. 29 at the ACC. The Raptors defeated the Magic 109-79 at Orlando on Dec. 18.
- The Raptors have come back to win 19 times after trailing by double digits, which leads the NBA
- Terrence Ross will face his former team for the first time since the All-Star break. Ross is averaging 12.3 points in 15 games with Orlando, and 16.5 points in the past four.
- Nikola Vucevic is averaging 18.5 points and 12.5 rebounds in the last four games.
- Elfrid Payton has a triple-double and two double-doubles over the last four games. Payton has averaged 12.25 points, 7.5 assists, and 8.25 rebounds over that stretch.
- Payton has recorded four triple-doubles in the last 10 games.
- DeMar DeRozan scored at least 40 points in back-to-back wins for Toronto before being limited to 18 against Dallas.
- Serge Ibaka is averaging 14.6 points and 6.6 rebounds while shooting 41.5 percent from 3-point range in 15 games for Orlando.
- Evan Fournier leads Orlando in scoring (16.9) and is averaging 18.5 in the last four.
- The Orlando Magic rank fourth in opponent rebounds allowed per game (46.3) since the All-Star break.